POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Aug 2008 12:54:33
Message: <mqir9453vepdhklum1lrrklfth3lr4jb16@4ax.com>
On 9 Aug 2008 04:37:38 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>> People talk to people. Maybe you're talking to computers too much lately
>> or something. Seriously, I mean, did you actually not know what they
>> were saying? :-)
>
>  It's not a question about understanding or not understanding what they
>mean with their words, but about desiring a bit more of unambiguousity.

But the word "round" *is* ambiguous, its meaning is dependant on context.
That's the English language for you.
For instance no one really expected the roundheads to have spherical,
cylindrical or disc like heads. Nor do the "flat Earthers" say that the Earth is
perfectly flat. Take these things with a pinch of salt, old bean. (Not that I
think that you are actually an ancient seed) ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen