POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Registration, etc Server Time: 16 Dec 2018 21:37:58 GMT
  Registration, etc (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: Robert Baer
Subject: Registration, etc
Date: 14 Feb 2010 22:30:00
Message: <web.4b7878e9f6d4ac03cff44400@news.povray.org>
Firstly, i find zero info as how to register; all i have is Moray 3.5 from the
net - no username no serial no instructions.
**
  I can find no way to tell Moray the filename of the particular *.POV file that
i want to run; the path part seems to work BUT the POVRay error message is a
parse error sim to <path>\.POV not found because ain't nuttin' sez what file to
use.
  What do i do to get that to work?
  Thanks in advance.


Post a reply to this message

From: Fredrik Eriksson
Subject: Re: Registration, etc
Date: 14 Feb 2010 22:49:44
Message: <op.u74205n77bxctx@toad.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:27:53 +0100, Robert Baer <rob### [at] localnetcom>  
wrote:
>   Firstly, i find zero info as how to register; all i have is Moray 3.5  
> from the net - no username no serial no instructions.

http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html



-- 
FE


Post a reply to this message

From: Robert Baer
Subject: Re: Registration, etc
Date: 15 Feb 2010 11:30:00
Message: <web.4b792f35cd5ceece77ee49050@news.povray.org>
Thanks on the registration part.


"Fredrik Eriksson" <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:27:53 +0100, Robert Baer <rob### [at] localnetcom>
> wrote:
> >   Firstly, i find zero info as how to register; all i have is Moray 3.5
> > from the net - no username no serial no instructions.
>
> http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html
>
>
>
> --
> FE


Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Subject: Re: Registration, etc
Date: 15 Feb 2010 12:53:00
Message: <4b7943ac@news.povray.org>
"Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> a écrit dans le message de news: 
web.4b7878e9f6d4ac03cff44400@news.povray.org...
>  I can find no way to tell Moray the filename of the particular *.POV file 
> that
> i want to run; the path part seems to work BUT the POVRay error message is 
> a
> parse error sim to <path>\.POV not found because ain't nuttin' sez what 
> file to
> use.
You can't run a POV file in Moray.
You can only model and build a scene in Moray and export it as POV files in 
the directory set in "Render/Render options" dialog.
Assuming you saved your Moray scene as My_scene.mdl', Moray will export a 
'My_scene.pov' file with geometry, global settings, lights cameras etc ; a 
'My_scene.inc' with textures and materials and  'My_scene.ini' with 
rendering options.
Then Moray should start POVRay and run 'My_scene.ini'
Note that Moray only works properly with POVRay 3.5

HTH
Marc


Post a reply to this message

From: Robert Baer
Subject: Re: Registration, etc
Date: 17 Feb 2010 16:20:01
Message: <web.4b7c16b4cd5ceeceab2943a10@news.povray.org>
Bummer...the fact of the error message having the correct path sure leads one
to think that all one needs is a way to insert a filename...


"M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> "Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> a écrit dans le message de news:
> web.4b7878e9f6d4ac03cff44400@news.povray.org...
> >  I can find no way to tell Moray the filename of the particular *.POV file
> > that
> > i want to run; the path part seems to work BUT the POVRay error message is
> > a
> > parse error sim to <path>\.POV not found because ain't nuttin' sez what
> > file to
> > use.
> You can't run a POV file in Moray.
> You can only model and build a scene in Moray and export it as POV files in
> the directory set in "Render/Render options" dialog.
> Assuming you saved your Moray scene as My_scene.mdl', Moray will export a
> 'My_scene.pov' file with geometry, global settings, lights cameras etc ; a
> 'My_scene.inc' with textures and materials and  'My_scene.ini' with
> rendering options.
> Then Moray should start POVRay and run 'My_scene.ini'
> Note that Moray only works properly with POVRay 3.5
>
> HTH
> Marc


Post a reply to this message

From: Said
Subject: Re: Registration, etc
Date: 17 Feb 2014 12:25:00
Message: <web.5301fe6fcd5ceece904a78190@news.povray.org>
"Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> wrote:
> Firstly, i find zero info as how to register; all i have is Moray 3.5 from the
> net - no username no serial no instructions.
> **
>   I can find no way to tell Moray the filename of the particular *.POV file that
> i want to run; the path part seems to work BUT the POVRay error message is a
> parse error sim to <path>\.POV not found because ain't nuttin' sez what file to
> use.
>   What do i do to get that to work?
>   Thanks in advance.

Well Try this method I found it at the MORAY website

http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html


Registration


Since ownership of Moray has been transferred to the POV-Team, registration is
no longer required.

Until a new version without the registration system is released, please use the
following registration info to get rid of the nag screens:

  Name    : 'POV-Ray User'
  Number : 'BFDDE769'

Enjoy!

Said Dias


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.