POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray for Linux Server Time
18 Mar 2024 22:46:35 EDT (-0400)
  Moray for Linux (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Dahman
Subject: Moray for Linux
Date: 18 Feb 2009 06:15:00
Message: <web.499bec695719a61cd59ba9520@news.povray.org>
Hello
Now that Moray is OpenSource, is there any chance that it become
multiplatform (windows + Linux).

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Moray for Linux
Date: 19 Feb 2009 07:48:01
Message: <499d5501$1@news.povray.org>
"Dahman" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
> Hello
> Now that Moray is OpenSource, is there any chance that it become
> multiplatform (windows + Linux).

Not anytime soon I am afraid. All efforts of the POV Team are going into
version 3.7. Multiplatform is intended, but not as first priority. You
probably have read Chris Cason's announcements concerning these matters here
on 1-2-2007 and 11-3-2008.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> > Now that Moray is OpenSource, is there any chance that it become
> > multiplatform (windows + Linux).
> >

> Not anytime soon I am afraid. All efforts of the POV Team are going into
> version 3.7. Multiplatform is intended, but not as first priority. You
> probably have read Chris Cason's announcements concerning these matters here
> on 1-2-2007 and 11-3-2008.
>
> Thomas

thanks Thomas,

I have a lot of projects modelled with Moray and rendered with Povray. Now I
don't use Windows but only Linux and I don't want to redo all these works.
Is there any way to export these projects on Blender or Wings or any modeller
working on Linux platform?

thanks for any hint.
Dahman

Post a reply to this message

> I have a lot of projects modelled with Moray and rendered with Povray. Now
> don't use Windows but only Linux and I don't want to redo all these works.
> Is there any way to export these projects on Blender or Wings or any
> modeller
> working on Linux platform?

I think that would be difficult for CSG models. I don't know about any
utility that would export those. Any mesh/mesh2 objects created in
Moray/POV-Ray can however be exported to .obj using Poseray, and then
imported in either Blender or Wings3D.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

>I have a lot of projects modelled with Moray and rendered with Povray. Now I
>don't use Windows but only Linux and I don't want to redo all these works.
>Is there any way to export these projects on Blender or Wings or any modeller
>working on Linux platform?
>
>thanks for any hint.
>Dahman

Have you tried running Moray under Wine?

If it does not work how about trying Bishop3D with wine. Bishop3D can import a
subset of PovRay objects.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > > Now that Moray is OpenSource, is there any chance that it become
> > > multiplatform (windows + Linux).
> > >

> > Not anytime soon I am afraid. All efforts of the POV Team are going into
> > version 3.7. Multiplatform is intended, but not as first priority. You
> > probably have read Chris Cason's announcements concerning these matters here
> > on 1-2-2007 and 11-3-2008.
> >
> > Thomas
>
> thanks Thomas,
>
> I have a lot of projects modelled with Moray and rendered with Povray. Now I
> don't use Windows but only Linux and I don't want to redo all these works.
> Is there any way to export these projects on Blender or Wings or any modeller
> working on Linux platform?
>
> thanks for any hint.
> Dahman

I'm sometimes using a commandline tool named "3dto3d".
This tool can convert various formats....and can generate
UDO and INC-files
The INC-Files can contain figures in the POV-Ray Mesh-format (not
mesh2). and can included directly, or with a mimimum of modifications,
into POV-Ray scenes

Post a reply to this message