POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Shifting the anmation time line Server Time: 19 Dec 2018 07:56:19 GMT
  Shifting the anmation time line (Message 1 to 10 of 12)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: CharlesM
Subject: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 17 Feb 2008 17:55:00
Message: <web.47b874a0b8c0b00fc1b2ab650@news.povray.org>
Hi, Not sure how many people still visit this group but thought I would ask
anyway.

I have 4 objects that move about in my animation.  I simple want to move the
timeline of one of the object ( ie pause it a few frames before it continues
with the rest of the scene)

is this easily done??

many thanks for reading this whoever you are ;)


Post a reply to this message

From: CharlesM
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 17 Feb 2008 18:15:01
Message: <web.47b87959d6bf0e21c1b2ab650@news.povray.org>
"CharlesM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi, Not sure how many people still visit this group but thought I would ask
> anyway.
>
> I have 4 objects that move about in my animation.  I simple want to move the
> timeline of one of the object ( ie pause it a few frames before it continues
> with the rest of the scene)
>
> is this easily done??
>
> many thanks for reading this whoever you are ;)

or another way to ask the questions could be . . .

is it possible to insert a number of frames before an object r delete a number
of blank frames from a selected object!


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 18 Feb 2008 08:39:24
Message: <47b9443c$1@news.povray.org>
I think this group is still read on a fairly regular basis (at least I do), 
so be patient as unfortunately I know about nothing about animation in 
Moray. :-(

Stephen probably is the expert.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 18 Feb 2008 10:27:35
Message: <r9nir35sbf8rdnf307tco3dh5lcv8ojeqq@4ax.com>
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:39:25 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>I think this group is still read on a fairly regular basis (at least I do), 
>so be patient as unfortunately I know about nothing about animation in 
>Moray. :-(
>
>Stephen probably is the expert.
>
>Thomas
>

It is very kind of you to say so Thomas but I have never used the animation
feature. I only ever created a static scene then modified the output in PovRay
to animate it. 
(Assuming that it is me :) There are a few Stephens and Steves here :)

Charles, I am sorry that I cannot help you with this and that was why I did not
reply. I wish you luck and if you work out how to do it please post the method
here.

Regards
	Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 18 Feb 2008 13:15:05
Message: <47b984d9@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht 
news:r9nir35sbf8rdnf307tco3dh5lcv8ojeqq@4ax.com...

>
> It is very kind of you to say so Thomas but I have never used the 
> animation
> feature. I only ever created a static scene then modified the output in 
> PovRay
> to animate it.
> (Assuming that it is me :) There are a few Stephens and Steves here :)
>

My fault, sorry! I thought you had done also some animation in Moray, a long 
time ago to be sure. My memory sometimes abandons me in the waste lands.... 
:-)

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 18 Feb 2008 16:49:28
Message: <47b9b718$1@news.povray.org>
Depending on how many key's you've set for the object you could try to 
copy the key's to the 'right' to shift the animation of an object. E.G. 
copy the last key 5 frames further, then deleting the original and so 
on. But this would be a pain with many keys.

 From the manual:

Copying a key:

Currently you can only copy keys from one point in time to another for a 
single object.  There is no way to copy keys from one object to another one.

Select the object and go to the frame you want to copy.  Now hold down 
the shift key and go to the frame you want to copy it to (using either 
slider or edit box). Set the key at the new frame (you can do this by 
either modifying the object or by forcing a key as described in the 
"Setting a Key" part of the section on "Using the Keyframer".

AFAIK there is no way to change the complete timeline in one step but 
I'd feel happy to be corrected in this point.

Arne

CharlesM schrieb:
> "CharlesM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Hi, Not sure how many people still visit this group but thought I would ask
>> anyway.
>>
>> I have 4 objects that move about in my animation.  I simple want to move the
>> timeline of one of the object ( ie pause it a few frames before it continues
>> with the rest of the scene)
>>
>> is this easily done??
>>
>> many thanks for reading this whoever you are ;)
> 
> or another way to ask the questions could be . . .
> 
> is it possible to insert a number of frames before an object r delete a number
> of blank frames from a selected object!
> 
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 18 Feb 2008 22:24:17
Message: <5c1kr3h6e5a4kr9rj778i8ion73c8o165p@4ax.com>
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:15:04 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>My fault, sorry! I thought you had done also some animation in Moray, a long 
>time ago to be sure. My memory sometimes abandons me in the waste lands.... 
>:-)

I might have done some simple ones but I think that these animation systems are
not powerful enough. They are too limited, for instance you are restricted to
simple transformations of objects and cannot animate textures or include a
series of meshes. I have been using Bishop3D's animation system but even that
does not animate textures, yet.  One of the problems is each frame is exported
separately and does not use the Povray clock variable. Anyway it forces you to
use SDL which is not a bad thing.

Regards
	Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: CharlesM
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 20 Feb 2008 16:15:01
Message: <web.47bc51add6bf0e2141d1e2d30@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:15:04 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
> wrote:
>
> >My fault, sorry! I thought you had done also some animation in Moray, a long
> >time ago to be sure. My memory sometimes abandons me in the waste lands....
> >:-)
>
> I might have done some simple ones but I think that these animation systems are
> not powerful enough. They are too limited, for instance you are restricted to
> simple transformations of objects and cannot animate textures or include a
> series of meshes. I have been using Bishop3D's animation system but even that
> does not animate textures, yet.  One of the problems is each frame is exported
> separately and does not use the Povray clock variable. Anyway it forces you to
> use SDL which is not a bad thing.
>
> Regards
>  Stephen

Guys,

Thank you very much for your kinds words of support.  It is encouraging to see
that this group is still supported.  I love Moray and registered a few years
ago and still use it from time to time.

Strange solution . . . . but i went out and bought myself a new high spec mouse.
.. . and then mannualy moved the key frames on the animation bar!  It didn't
actually take that long.  The new nmouse was more ergonomic, had programmable
buttons and made me feel a whole lot better!

Generally I work on short pieces of animation no longer than 10 seconds (mini
advert logo display size and so 300 frames is typical).

So when you've got a mundane job to do . . . . spend some money . . . feel good
and get on with it ha ha

anyway thanks a bundle!


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 21 Feb 2008 08:35:24
Message: <47bd37cc@news.povray.org>
"CharlesM" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht 
news:web.47bc51add6bf0e2141d1e2d30@news.povray.org...
>
> Guys,
>
> Thank you very much for your kinds words of support.  It is encouraging to 
> see
> that this group is still supported.  I love Moray and registered a few 
> years
> ago and still use it from time to time.
>
> Strange solution . . . . but i went out and bought myself a new high spec 
> mouse.
> .. . and then mannualy moved the key frames on the animation bar!  It 
> didn't
> actually take that long.  The new nmouse was more ergonomic, had 
> programmable
> buttons and made me feel a whole lot better!
>
> Generally I work on short pieces of animation no longer than 10 seconds 
> (mini
> advert logo display size and so 300 frames is typical).
>
> So when you've got a mundane job to do . . . . spend some money . . . feel 
> good
> and get on with it ha ha
>
> anyway thanks a bundle!
>
>

All the credit goes to Arne :-)

We hold the fort until a new Moray sees the light under the POV-Ray version 
4 sun.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Re: Shifting the anmation time line
Date: 21 Feb 2008 16:41:31
Message: <47bda9bb$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you, Thomas.

I just do my bit to keep Moray alive. I think there is some great 
potential in there and i just can't get used to Blender. So i'm still 
sticking with moray which i first got as a dos-version in 1993 on an 
english PC-Mag while being on vacation. Hmm, the good ol' times...

Arne

Thomas de Groot schrieb:
> "CharlesM" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht 
> news:web.47bc51add6bf0e2141d1e2d30@news.povray.org...
>> Guys,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your kinds words of support.  It is encouraging to 
>> see
>> that this group is still supported.  I love Moray and registered a few 
>> years
>> ago and still use it from time to time.
>>
>> Strange solution . . . . but i went out and bought myself a new high spec 
>> mouse.
>> .. . and then mannualy moved the key frames on the animation bar!  It 
>> didn't
>> actually take that long.  The new nmouse was more ergonomic, had 
>> programmable
>> buttons and made me feel a whole lot better!
>>
>> Generally I work on short pieces of animation no longer than 10 seconds 
>> (mini
>> advert logo display size and so 300 frames is typical).
>>
>> So when you've got a mundane job to do . . . . spend some money . . . feel 
>> good
>> and get on with it ha ha
>>
>> anyway thanks a bundle!
>>
>>
> 
> All the credit goes to Arne :-)
> 
> We hold the fort until a new Moray sees the light under the POV-Ray version 
> 4 sun.
> 
> Thomas
> 
>


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.