POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Shifting the anmation time line : Re: Shifting the anmation time line Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shifting the anmation time line
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Feb 2008 17:24:17
Message: <5c1kr3h6e5a4kr9rj778i8ion73c8o165p@4ax.com>
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:15:04 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>My fault, sorry! I thought you had done also some animation in Moray, a long
>time ago to be sure. My memory sometimes abandons me in the waste lands....
>:-)

I might have done some simple ones but I think that these animation systems are
not powerful enough. They are too limited, for instance you are restricted to
simple transformations of objects and cannot animate textures or include a
series of meshes. I have been using Bishop3D's animation system but even that
does not animate textures, yet.  One of the problems is each frame is exported
separately and does not use the Povray clock variable. Anyway it forces you to
use SDL which is not a bad thing.

Regards
	Stephen