POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray for Mac? Server Time
18 Mar 2024 23:38:10 EDT (-0400)
  Moray for Mac? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Woody
Subject: Moray for Mac?
Date: 21 Dec 2007 07:55:00
Message: <web.476bb6e5eb71a93494e61a50@news.povray.org>
Anybody know if there are plans to release a Mac version of Moray once it goes
to open source (after POVRay 4.0)

Post a reply to this message

From: John D  Gwinner
Subject: Re: Moray for Mac?
Date: 30 Mar 2008 12:57:36
Message: <47efd490@news.povray.org>
That might be hard, Moray is mostly written in C++/MFC.

I used to have a cross platform SDK to convert MFC programs on teh windows
to Mac, but it was expensive ($2500), and isn't supported anymore.  (pretty
long ago).

I did have a thought about converting it to c# ... if we did that, then it
would be pretty cross platform.

However, although Java seems to be well recieved, I'm not sure how well
recieved c# would be in the open source world.

Thoughts?

          == John ==