POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Always get texture error when assigning any texture to a mesh object... Server Time
3 May 2024 10:06:23 EDT (-0400)
  Always get texture error when assigning any texture to a mesh object... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Greyfang
Subject: Always get texture error when assigning any texture to a mesh object...
Date: 30 Jul 2004 22:40:00
Message: <web.410b062787151c5a9de60ad10@news.povray.org>
Hi.  I <em>always</em> get this error message when I try to render anything
that uses a mesh:

 texture { BumpMetal <----ERROR

Parse Error: No matching } in 'texture', material identifier found instead

Returned from renderer with error status

Question:  Is there something obvious I am overlooking when it comes to
using meshes??  Thanks in advance.

=Greyfang=

Post a reply to this message

> Hi.  I <em>always</em> get this error message when I try to render
anything
> that uses a mesh:
>
>  texture { BumpMetal <----ERROR
>
> Parse Error: No matching } in 'texture', material identifier found instead
>

> Returned from renderer with error status
>

> Question:  Is there something obvious I am overlooking when it comes to
> using meshes??  Thanks in advance.
>
> =Greyfang=

For meshs you must tell moray to export a texture and not a material
You can do that in the material editor
select the material you want do do a texture of
right click on it click on "Porperties/Rename"
check the box "This is a mesh2 texture......"

done

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Greyfang
Date: 5 Aug 2004 00:40:01
Message: <web.4111ba1cd78d7b59de60ad10@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <nos### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> web.410b062787151c5a9de60ad10@news.povray.org...
> > Hi.  I <em>always</em> get this error message when I try to render
> anything
> > that uses a mesh:
> >
> >  texture { BumpMetal <----ERROR
> >
> > Parse Error: No matching } in 'texture', material identifier found instead
> >

> > Returned from renderer with error status
> >

> > Question:  Is there something obvious I am overlooking when it comes to
> > using meshes??  Thanks in advance.
> >
> > =Greyfang=
> >

> For meshs you must tell moray to export a texture and not a material
> You can do that in the material editor
> select the material you want do do a texture of
> right click on it click on "Porperties/Rename"
> check the box "This is a mesh2 texture......"
>
> done
>

> Marc

THANKS!

Post a reply to this message