POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFC: Wishlist/features Server Time
19 May 2024 00:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  RFC: Wishlist/features (Message 31 to 40 of 58)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Wishlist/features
Date: 18 Aug 2006 20:51:56
Message: <44e660ac$1@news.povray.org>
Steve Shelby wrote:
> Mine says 1.9 fps (BTW, what is fps?) with the scene I described above.

First-person shooter?  Hehe.  In this context, "frames per second".

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 18 Aug 2006 22:51:34
Message: <j1vce2pgm41hf2d3b77nb4462utsrbm55e@4ax.com>
Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Mine says 1.9 fps (BTW, what is fps?) with the scene I described above. Did
> you check the two boxes, spheres, and cylinders in the convert to wireframe
> dialog box? Or maybe you converted to mesh instead of to wireframe? My info
> shows216,000 triangles and 682,560 quads. When multiplied and added as you
> instructed, the total is 1,581,120.
> My computer is a P4 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, with Windows XP.
> Steve

OK, my mistake, I misread the Convert To Wireframe as you suspected. I
get less than 2 fps with that scene as well. But then again 1.5
million triangles IS a lot :-)

I think maybe allowing you to define a proxy object to display in an
objects place instead of its actual wireframe would allow you do get
around this without hiding stuff. I need to think about it a
little....

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

"Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> schreef in bericht

> I think maybe allowing you to define a proxy object to display in an
> objects place instead of its actual wireframe would allow you do get
> around this without hiding stuff. I need to think about it a
> little....

I use this solution very often and it is very satisfactory :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message