POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFC: Wishlist/features : Re: Wishlist/features Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:58:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wishlist/features
From: StephenS
Date: 19 Aug 2006 07:38:50
Message: <44e6f84a$1@news.povray.org>
> Like Lutz says higher up in the thread, the use of placeholders may be a
> workaround?
>
> Thomas
The User Defined Object (UDO) is a type of placeholder, and one that I use.
A more stream lined approach would be helpfull.

I would like to work on an object independent of a master scene file, as
long as I don't update the placeholder, the master scene should look the
same. After I've worked on the object I would like to simply 'save' and have
Moray handle all the dependancies.

Stephen