POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : What software do *YOU* open and edit 48bpp images with? : Re: What software do *YOU* open and edit 48bpp images with? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What software do *YOU* open and edit 48bpp images with?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 11 Sep 2001 17:16:55
Message: <mnyeO=beu2uM61syz5wuRJkYLMC9@4ax.com>
On 11 Sep 2001 13:40:28 -0400, ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker)
wrote:

>Photoshop will, if you use ppm format and tell Photoshop that it's
>really a raw image.  See Kari's post about this somewhere around here.

Unfortunately, I only have Photoshop 5.0 LE, and not the full package.
I tried Kari's suggestion, but my "LE" version of Photoshop won't open
RAW format images, at least as far as I can tell.

It will open 16 bit per channel images in the PSD and TIFF formats,
but I see no support for any "RAW" formats at all, 16 bit or
otherwise. I also checked for "PPM" and couldn't find any support for
that either.   :(

Later,
Glen