POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 16:58:09
Message: <mm6n40hod15fbet4e53qjp6emsj6c6i8ok@4ax.com>
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:51:50 -0500, Tyler Eaves <tyl### [at] NOSPAMml1net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:53:17 +0000, IMBJR wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 13:38:48 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
>> wrote:

>>>This is very common.  "You disagree with me, hence you must not
>>>understand what I'm saying."  It is quite possible that everyone
>>>understands exactly what you're saying and nevertheless continues to
>>>disagree with your conclusion. It's not the case that people here
>>>disagreeing are not listening.
>>
>> No. Re-read, you will find these people were coming up with uprelated
>> crap - no actual counter-argument. They were not "listening".
>>
>> --------------------------------
>> My First Subgenius Picture Book:
>> http://www.imbjr.com
>
>The fact that it's a royal pain and the ass to track something down to
>view the images with (Quite possibly IMPOSSIBLE on my platform) isn't a
>valid counter-argument?

Well that's unfortunate. Perhaps there will always be some who will be
left behind. You could always develop your own if you so desire.

>That's like saying the fact that you live in a state that for some reason
>doesn't have any has stations that sell diesel isn't a valid argument for
>not buying a diesel-engined vehicle.

Your argument is of course completely dumb - such a scenario does not
exist. It's hard to take seriously someone who would use such a
comparison. Esp', in your case - you cannot empirically say for sure
that JPEG2000 is supported by your platform, unless that platform is
unique to you and if it is then more fool you.

Looks like you drew the short straw when they were handing out OSs
then.