POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : new sor spline type : Re: new sor spline type Server Time
19 May 2024 02:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new sor spline type
From: ABX
Date: 12 Aug 2002 04:01:04
Message: <mlpelug2rgccgpipdk3l41jal0nna6f48r@4ax.com>
On 9 Aug 2002 15:09:09 -0400, ingo <ing### [at] homenl> wrote:
> > http://abx.art.pl/pov/patches/sorspline.php
> >
> > comments ? suggestions ?
>
> Nice addition.

Thanks but I have missed something.
I have realized that the sor spline can be defined only for positive valies.
So I have to add abs() to precomputation stage to force it. Otherwise it could
cause unexpected results within sqrt during interpolation. I will update my
page with this fix.

> And, as you never seem to stop ;)

(That must be coffee)

> how about Bezier and
> Kochanek-Bartels?

I was interested mainly in tutorial style to guide how such an addition could
be introduced. I will add your suggestion to my list of planned patches but I
doubt I will do it quickly :-(

> It would be nice if a spline could also be accessed in the same
> way as an array.

Yes, I thought about it in beta-test time and found it interesting hovewer I
have to think about it more. Now I have to fix/speedup sphere-sweeps.

ABX