POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Quiz : Re: POV-Ray Quiz for Intermediate Users Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Quiz for Intermediate Users
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Jun 2003 08:49:12
Message: <mkkbevsbh3ca7b40acmjl285lt2gcsq475@4ax.com>
On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:35:08 +0200, ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

>When you apply transform to CGS each scale, translate, rotate etc. cause
>separate calculation of transformation matrix and applying it to all children of
>this object.

Are you sure about that? IIRC the logic behind CGS is that when a ray
is traced, it is first reverse-transformed by the CSG transformation,
and then for each child that has a transform, it is
reverse-transformed by the child transformation. Or am I wrong?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg