POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is there such a thing as inherently asinine software design? : Re: Is there such a thing as inherently asinine software design? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there such a thing as inherently asinine software design?
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jan 2008 08:01:19
Message: <mk84o31aofdmq7raoa84l15dr9bdmdc2sl@4ax.com>
On 7 Jan 2008 07:09:15 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
>> You don't ask ladies of a certain age, their age.
>
>  What range of ages would that "certain age" be? 5-120?

Now that phrase is (as I'm sure you know) used to avoid saying that a person,
usually a woman, is no longer young but is not yet old.
And as a mere male (I can't multi-task) I am averse to defining it.

Seriously a couple of months ago I had reason to ask someone their age as I
suspected that they were quite young and I wanted to write my replies
accordingly and not make inappropriate comments. It took a lot of effort on my
part to do so. I'll be glad when the social etiquette for the internet has been
worked out.

Regards
	Stephen