POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurfaces? : isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  isosurfaces?
From: Matthew Pace
Date: 3 Nov 2003 22:39:10
Message: <matt-pace-BE21CA.19390803112003@netplex.aussie.org>
Hello, I am currently having trouble with isosurfaces.  I am currently
checking out the documentation,
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm  and
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm

As far as i can tell, everything seems fine syntax wise, but when I write

#declare Sphere= function {x*x+y*y+z*z-R*R} //both with and without semi
colon at the end of the declare statement

isosurface
{
   function{Sphere(/*any vars here, as long as theres 4*/)}
   threshold 0
   texture{...}
}//lets say this is line 37

i get an error stating that I placed an } aat line 37 where there was an
expected parameter/float.

I have tried adding other parameters, but i always get this error.  why
is it?

Thanks, Matt