POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera usage (correct aspect ratio) : camera usage (correct aspect ratio) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  camera usage (correct aspect ratio)
From: Matthew Pace
Date: 27 Oct 2003 19:14:14
Message: <matt-pace-71382B.16141427102003@netplex.aussie.org>
Hello, I have been away for awhile, although you may not remember
because I was not here long to be gin with.  Anyways, I am back for now,
with another question:  How can I set up the camera so that no matter
what custom size I use for the picture (whether it be 1024x768 or
468x48), the image does not get distorted.  I tried using the "right"
keyword mixed with variations of image_height/image_width and such, but
my image always came out stretched, not entirely on screen, backwards,
or with the camera looking in from the back side of the scene.  I am
sure there is a way to set it up so that every image comes out
correctly, I just need help finding it.  I could not locate it at any
tutorial site.  Thanks a lot, Matthew