POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Landscapes : Landscapes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Landscapes
From: Matthew Pace
Date: 30 Oct 2003 19:44:21
Message: <matt-pace-35412C.16442130102003@netplex.aussie.org>
Hello,
   Landscapes are what i really want to eventually master in POV, and i
know this is going to be a long, tedious journey.  My question is, what
tools do you generally use for heightfields?  I have GIMP, every Adobe
tool, and Macromedia freehand, so I am sure I can replicate and
personalize any tricks and techniques you are willing to share.  I
checked out Gilles Tran's oyonale website, very beautiful landscapes
there.  Right now I am using Photoshop 7 to make black and white
difference clouds.  Those were too steep and jagged, so I used some
Gaussian Blurring, and it was slightly improved, but still not quite up
to par.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
~Matt