POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : fn_function and other stuff : Re: fn_function and other stuff Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fn_function and other stuff
From: Mike Williams
Date: 9 Nov 2003 23:54:44
Message: <mWcKaOAikxr$EwJy@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Matthew Pace who wrote:
>So as you know, I am stumbling through the isosurface qualities of POV,
>when I came across a site where someone used an identifier fn_function
>to make a pigment modifier (bozo in this case) apply to both a height
>field and an isosurface.  Can anyone either explain this (as he didnt
>really) or point me to a place which does?  He used this as a way to
>make some pretty nifty landscapes, so if anyone knows of a site which
>shows some isosurface landscaping tricks, that would be awesome too.
>Thanks a lot, Matt

There's a section in my Isosurface Tutorial that looks at the difference
between using a function to generate a heightfield and using it to
generate an isosurface.

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/IsoTut/patterns.htm#hf

In this case I used function{ pattern{ leopard... }} but I could have
used function{f_bozo(x,0,z)}.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure