POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imagemap MapType : Re: Imagemap MapType Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imagemap MapType
From: Alan Kong
Date: 17 Nov 1999 19:04:33
Message: <mUEzOF3mImSBF9jIKGp4hPfR34+N@4ax.com>
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:20:06 -0000, "Sergio" <ine### [at] esotericapt> wrote:

>I'm trying to apply an imagemap to a box but there isn't an box maptype
>avaible.
>If I use planar maptype the other faces aren't mapped correctly.

  Probably some form of uv_mapping is what you are looking for. Nathan
Kopp's UVPov v6.1 (unofficial POV-Ray for Windows, source provided) has such
mapping for some objects but I don't think the box was among them. Check it
out for yourself at:

http://www.nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

>How can I suggest to the PovTeam a new feature?

  This a fairly popular request. The problem is finding the person to
*write* the new feature :)