POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oficina '99 : Re: Oficina '99 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oficina '99
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 Oct 1999 16:55:01
Message: <mG=2N4EENUIXRRhmnJkaiHxExVr2@4ax.com>
On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 00:03:06 -0400, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:

>I mentioned POV-Ray. Everyone there has heard _of_ it. My attempts to
>explain more about it resulted in instant boredom and ingnoring from the
>'nice' people. As soon as a I returned to 3D Studio, they had my full
>attention again.

The situation here is even worse. No one has ever heard of POV. When I
explain, they react in one of these three ways:

a) Can in do real-time previews of my anims?
b) What do you mean you have to type everything in?! (dumb look)
c) Do you want MAX 3?

I can understand them... if they can buy MAX for $8 (or burn it for
$2), why should they use POV? And to answer your next question, I will
*never* use MAX because I was personally offended by this software!
Besides, Lance is using it, and he likes Quake (yuck!) :)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700