POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Nested bounding : Re: Nested bounding Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nested bounding
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Apr 2003 06:47:01
Message: <m74iav85ta3hc56np0t5ion0sg3g012ief@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:29:08 EDT, "Matti Karnaattu" <nomail@nomail>
wrote:

>Even that automatic bounding create perfect bounding box it should be still
>possible to optimize complex object rendering by splitting complex object
>to several unions. How can I calculate how many unions to split complex
>object?

With complex CSG, try bounding differences, as well as intersections
with infinite objects (most often planes). Then specify -ur on the
command line.

You can build your own bounding tree but POV will do it better *if* it
has the bounding box info. So it's best to just bound the unboundable
and specify -ur (do not remove user bounds).

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg