POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtualight : Re: Virtualight Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtualight
From: ABX
Date: 23 May 2003 13:42:21
Message: <m6mscv4gv4tj2mtfpiqo38o92ba094036h@4ax.com>

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/
http://www.povworld.org/
http://www.povray.org/resources/
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/index.htm
http://www.google.org/ (if necessary)

> for large collection of plugins?

Do not follow this name. I'm sure Hugo used "plugin" term to refer to
possibilities available in other applications. But in fact include files and
macros are parts of scenes - just subsections from there shared between users.

> SkyLight (int samples, rgbexpr color, float brightness) where:
> samples: the number of ray samples to cast at each intersection point in
> order to estimate irradiance; and

So is it just set of shadowless point light sources ?

> SunLight (int hours : int minutes, int samples, float brightness, rgb color)

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/291/#sunpos
http://www.chris-dennis.ndtilda.co.uk/suninc.html
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources13.htm

The adventage of POV is that you are not limited to founded solutions, but
having include files you can choose something which fits your needs best, and
then you can modify it yourself to fit better.

ABX