POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image maps with vectorial graphics, not bitmaps? : Re: image maps with vectorial graphics, not bitmaps? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image maps with vectorial graphics, not bitmaps?
From: ABX
Date: 22 Apr 2003 09:41:40
Message: <m6haav0scts5cej8eivpl29c9nr2nj161e@4ax.com>
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:24:21 +0200, ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
> > I would like to use an image as texture for an object, but not a typical
> > BMP. Is it possible to use something vectorial, like postcript, or EPS?
>
> You can convert vector graphic to syntax understable in POV (polygon, spline,
> prism, heighfield) and then use pattern based on this object.

To convert eps to pov as prism{} object you can use tool mentioned at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/30771/ . I have no windows
version of it but iirc there is solution for windows users mentioned.

To make prism{} as base of pigment you have to read chapter "6.7.11.23
Object-pattern" in manual.

ABX