POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: ABX
Date: 15 Feb 2005 03:08:03
Message: <m6a311dmf1bkv3fnsi5809qem3orfvher5@4ax.com>
On 14 Feb 2005 18:42:37 -0500, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> > see images like
> > http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3C39e71e97%40
> > news.povray.org%3E/escher4.jpg which are completly procedural
>
> _Ofcourse_ I know this. But some sophisticated functiosn that use flow
> control, if's, loops, and so on - are realy hard/uncomfortable to write
> without a language at least simmilar to

Conditions and loops are already possible within functions engine while I do
not say it is perfect I think it is enough to be base for further development
for delivering custom shaders, IMO.

Kind reminder: you did not answered and enumerated these raytracers which does
support portable plugins in form of shared libraries compiled to machine code
and support MacOS, MacOS X, *nix flavors and Windowses. Please respect the
rules of discussion and at least answer that you are unable to provide such
names.

> Pascal (oryginal, like 3.0 - 5.0

This is offtopic but remember that originally Niklaus Wirth developed Pascal
in 1970. It wasn't versioned with 3.0 or 5.0 numbers IIRC.

> Pascal Compiler)

Considering number of available compilers it is far from obvious what you mean
http://www.ifrance.com/franck-pissotte/pascaland/pascall.htm

> or some basic C.

As you already know POV-Ray SDL is very similar to C with #directives and
curly brackets. There is no need to reinventing the wheel, IMO.

ABX