POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yet another idea on specular reflection : Re: Yet another idea on specular reflection Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another idea on specular reflection
From: Roland Mas
Date: 1 Oct 1998 22:37:32
Message: <m3zpbfvj2x.fsf@rpc66.acr.atr.co.jp>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] usanet> writes:

> This thinking task has been running at low priority in my brain for a long
> time and I think it finally rendered something worth considering.

  Gosh.  You got me.

> Still, please try to spare some brain clock cycles on this.

  I already did, but I guess you were just a little faster than I was.  All
you say seems almost natural to me, even if I had not formulated it clearly
yet.  Except that I was only using real faceted objects (like the actual
discobll), and I had not thought of using the tangent plans.

> That's it, put as clearly as I could. I would really to see your comments on
> this (especially the ones like "You know, Pete, this might just work! I'll
> try and code it tomorrow..." <G>)

  You know, Pete, this might just work.  If I had time...  I currently have
a running image, a big include file and a Python / Tkinter GUI...  And some
"real work" too.  Too bad.

  By the way, do you still need the .df3 library?  Now I have my PC, and I
can code it someday...  Maybe even this week-end.  If of course it is going
to be used (I won't use it myself before a looong time).

Roland.
--
Les francophones m'appellent Roland Mas,
English speakers call me Rowlannd' Mass,