POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature request : Re: feature request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature request
From: Roland Mas
Date: 24 Mar 1999 16:18:29
Message: <m3zp52k2nn.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Rem <use### [at] ghost> writes:

> A simple groundfog won't work because everything sticking out above
> it would still get darker in the distance. Normal fog would
> obviously not work because where'd be the sky on a clear sunny day?

Huuh?  Your sky isn't on a sky_sphere, is it?  If it is, then change
it so that it is no more.  If it already isn't, then make it closer
and you'll see it through your fog.

> Actually I'm a bit amazed about the negative reactions to this
> simple thing.  Well, carry on ;-)

We just do not get the point "normal fog won't work".  It always did
for me and many of us.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure your patch would find
useful applications.  We just don't see any for now.  Maybe you could
code it, then publish it with some samples of what it could do that
fog cannot...  See how the photon patch gets rewarded :-)  Its author
has been worshipped ever since he published it.

We're not negative (well, I certainly am not), we just don't see the
use of such a thing.  Yet, I hope.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Qu'est-ce qui est petit, jaune et vachement dangereux ?
Un canari avec le mot de passe de root.