POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Potential shut-down of this news server (Czech users please read!) : Re: Potential shut-down of this news server (Czech users please read!) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Potential shut-down of this news server (Czech users please read!)
From: Roland Mas
Date: 8 Oct 1998 02:42:39
Message: <m3yaqrpq03.fsf@rpc66.acr.atr.co.jp>
new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg (povray.org admin team) writes:

> Nope. If it's gone it's gone. The web functions aren't up to what we want
> (there's no way to post with attachments for example, which is very important
> for this server).

  I know I already suggested it, but I got no answer.  How about a
mail-to-news gateway ?  You can post attachments in your mail, and they are
kept as attachments on your news server (which continues to exist, so no
new thing to install).  The web interface is then used to read the
articles, with their attachments.

  Well... My two yen.

Roland.
--
Les francophones m'appellent Roland Mas,
English speakers call me Rowlannd' Mass,