POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : adding transparency to complex object : adding transparency to complex object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  adding transparency to complex object
From: Maurizio Vitale
Date: 22 Oct 2004 23:24:43
Message: <m3sm86jevl.fsf@philips.com>
I'd like to have a complex object becoming more and more transparent
over time in order to reveal the interior. Is it possible in povray to
"apply" transparency to a compound object (where individual components
have already their textures applied)?

Eg. given:

object {
  union {
    box{<0,0,0>,<1,1,1> texture{pigment{Red}}}
    box{<0,0,0>,<1,1,1> texture{pigment{Yellow}}}
  }
}

is there anything I can put in place of the '...' in order to get a
cube with a redish transparent tint and one with a yellowish tint?

Thanks a lot,

       Maurizio