POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image maps : Re: Image maps Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:32:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image maps
From: Roland Mas
Date: 7 Oct 1998 00:05:31
Message: <m3lnmt3waj.fsf@rpc66.acr.atr.co.jp>
Tommy Grav <tom### [at] astrouiono> writes:

> to be long rods in the z-direction with different colors. But is it any way to
> avoid
> it showing through the tail, in other words just show up on one side?

  What I'd do is cut the tail into two parts (for instance, with a
correctly placed plane) and give each half a different texture (one with
the image map and the other one without it). If your tail has a strange
shape, you'll have to replace the plane by whatever is more appropriate,
but otherwise this is the simplest solution.

Roland.
--
Les francophones m'appellent Roland Mas,
English speakers call me Rowlannd' Mass,