POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aspect Ratio in POV : Re: Aspect Ratio in POV Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aspect Ratio in POV
From: Roland Mas
Date: 17 Feb 1999 13:00:50
Message: <m3k8xjlw7z.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> writes:

> Sounds like something for #write and #read.

[...]

I like that!  Nice idea!

> But never mind anyhow, because as far as I know you cannot affect the
> image size settings *after* parsing begins unless the information is
> already in the INI, not from within a scene which has begun.

The parade could be something like a nem item, entitled "refresh",
which would parse the file and render a 0x0 or 1x1 image (short
calculation time) and still parse the file, so that the thing.ini file
would be rewritten.  Change scene, then select "refresh", render, then
select the correct aspect ratio from the menu...

I won't be able to try that since I'm not using Windows (which I don't
complain about), and anyway I don't really care, but I'd like to be
kept informed on how it goes.

Roland.
--
                                                         Roland Mas