POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question 'bout indentation (no flamewar) : Question 'bout indentation (no flamewar) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Question 'bout indentation (no flamewar)
From: Roland Mas
Date: 29 Mar 1999 12:49:33
Message: <m3k8w0chjo.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Hi all.

I have a question about indentation.  I fear it might degenerate
into another flamewar, but heh, such is life.  On the other hand, it
might bring some arguments to Ken Tyler.

  Suppose you have the following lines:

#if (A > 0)
union {
#endif
sphere { ... }
#if (A > 0)
sphere { ... }
}
#endif

  How would you indent?

  The point is: there are two different hierarchies that have nothing
to do with each other /a priori/.  You cannot mix them, 'cause you end
up with incoherences.

  The other point is: do you indent the first sphere?  At write time,
you don't know whether the union will exist (if you did, the test
would be useless).  So, do you indent the sphere as inside the union,
or do you leave it unindented?

  Might be of some interest to discuss, although I'm afraid the issue
is insoluble.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas