POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0 : Re: dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0
From: Roland Mas
Date: 13 Apr 1999 18:40:46
Message: <m3k8vgmc69.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Anthony Bennett <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> writes:

> One idea I have is an extension project to POV, hopefully for 4.0. My idea
> is to add "mini-shape-studios" (MSS?) which would allow for modelling to be
> included in the official POV.

What?  Modelling?  What's that?  Nothing to do with a raytracer.
POV-Ray is a raytracer.  An engine.  Not a modeller.  Not a car.  I
don't want to have a car, I want to have an engine that I can use in a
boat or a plane or a bike or whatever.  I don't want an integrated
modeller, I want a raytracing engine.

  Besides, how can you think of a portable modeller?  Unless of course
you do it in Perl/Tk or Python/Tk or Tcl/Tk, your modeller will be
platform-dependent.  Which is *bad*.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Autumn leaves are brown...  And the sky is gray...
  -- California Dreaming (The Mamas and the Papas)