POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature idea : Re: feature idea Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature idea
From: Roland Mas
Date: 5 Aug 1998 20:45:07
Message: <m3iuk73szc.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Dan Connelly <djc### [at] flashnet> writes:

> Wallaces wrote:
> >
> > How about a finish option that blurs light coming through it?  (As seen in
> > frosted glass, some glass shower doors, etc)  Now that we have the ability
> > to do this with the camera (focus), it might be easier to code.

  I think it would be hard to code and very time-consuming: you would
have to cast many new rays for each incoming ray, average them and take
this average as a parameter for the colour of your frosted glass. Of course,
you could keep some things in memory, but it then comes close to radiosity.
Maybe a modification in the radiosity code could do it?

  Anyway, why not?

Roland.
--

bob### [at] casimirrezelenstfr -- Linux, POV-Ray, LaTeX