POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Q: Cylinder calculus? : Re: Q: Cylinder calculus? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Cylinder calculus?
From: Roland Mas
Date: 19 Oct 1998 05:42:42
Message: <m3hfx1hrft.fsf@rpc66.acr.atr.co.jp>
Vidar Madsen <vid### [at] prosalgno> writes:

> Hi all. C'est moi, again. ;-)

  C'est moi aussi...

> How do I calculate the vertices of a cylinder, given the coordinates
> of the (center) end-points? I need to draw a disc, and "point it" towards
> the other end-point, but I'm totally stuck. The net offers plenty of
> information on how to calculate the normal vector from a surface, but
> I need the other way around (i.e. a surface on which <0,0,0> points
> towards <x,y,z>) .. :-/

  Well...  If you want your disc to be oriented such as its normal points
to D from its position P, you just have to have its normal colinear to the
PD vector.  For instance, use the PD = D - P vector.

  If it's about a cylinder...  I don't understand the question.

Roland.
--
Les francophones m'appellent Roland Mas,
English speakers call me Rowlannd' Mass,