POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reading Consequtive Images : Re: Reading Consequtive Images Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading Consequtive Images
From: Roland Mas
Date: 5 Mar 1999 04:37:40
Message: <m3bti8i8ez.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> writes:

> Then it's a one frame one image kind of deal. Is it possible to
> instruct pov to read iamges in this manner and if so what is the
> exact syntax for doing so.

The exact syntax can probably be found in the docs, but I'm pretty
sure that a solution lies in the vicinity of the float-to-string
conversion functions, and of the string manipulation functions.  The
idea is: you know clock, you know the number of frames, the initial
clock, the final clock.  From these data you can deduce the index of
the frame currently rendered.  Once this index is known, convert it
into a string and concatenate this string with the fixed part of your
file names.  And use the resulting string in your image_map.

> For twenty or so images I can write twenty pov files. I have closer
> to 500 images and no way am I going to hand edit 500 pov files to
> make it work.

You could do it quite simply with a Perl script.  Or even, just a
shell script.

Roland.
--
                                                         Roland Mas