POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please test web interface : Re: Please test web interface Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please test web interface
From: Roland Mas
Date: 29 Sep 1998 01:34:13
Message: <m3af3j1qpn.fsf@rpc66.acr.atr.co.jp>
new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg (povray.org admin team) writes:

> Try this URL ...
>
>   http://www.povray.org/cgi-bin/dnewsweb?cmd=listall&group=povray
>
> This is strictly TEST ONLY. It hasn't been customised (customized:) for
> povray.org yet. That comes later. I just want to know if it works for everyone.
> If you try it and it's not there, it's probably been removed for bug fixes or
> something.

  It works for me. I have not browsed extensively, but the URL is valid and
I was able to see an image from povray.binaries.images.

> BTW you can't post via it. Only read. But it does decode images inline :)

  If I may suggest something... I think the reason you're doing this is to
allow people to read the povray.* newsgroups without necessarily having
access to the news server. There is also a way to enable people to post in
these groups, it's called a mail-to-news gateway. There might be several
versions of it, but a friend of mine wrote one that works pretty well in
our school (for relaying mailing-lists, but it can be used without them).
You'll find it at <URL:http://www.mygale.org/~tquinot/mail2news.en.html>.

  If that may help...

Roland.
--
Les francophones m'appellent Roland Mas,
English speakers call me Rowlannd' Mass,