POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 : Re: License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000
From: Ole Laursen
Date: 14 Aug 2001 04:54:43
Message: <m37kw7c993.fsf@bach.composers>
> > I replied and told them to remove the image, that I don't want their
> > stupid service, and that I found much of their solicitating email in
> > poor taste.
>
> All you accomplished by doing that is confirming for them that they
> have found an active e-mail address. The will never stop sending you
> spam now.

Not necessarily. Someone on CNET conducted an experiment recently
which apparently showed that replying to the opt-out messages isn't as
risky as one might think:

http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227888-8-6602372-5.html?tag=st.sw.3227888-8-6602372-1.txt.3227888-8-6602372-5

In the past I've never replied to spam myself but after reading the
above page I'm beginning to change my mind. It actually seems to work
sometimes.

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/