POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reading Consequtive Images : Re: Reading Consequtive Images Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading Consequtive Images
From: Roland Mas
Date: 6 Mar 1999 02:49:37
Message: <m34snz12i7.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> writes:

> I could have probably hacked something together in qbasic to generate
> the files as well but the amount of space the files would take and
> batch rendering nature of the process is not too appealing.

True, unless you just put one line in the include file, say
#declare File_to_include = "thingy042.tga"
and it's all.

> I don't recall the number but pov also has a top end for the number
> of files it will hold in the file queue.

True too, unless you generate the include file "on the fly" with the
Pre_Frame_Command (or whatever, I never used it) option, in which case
the whole animation is but one entry on the queue.

> I prefer when at all possible to let Pov do the dirty work for
> me. And really who wouldn't ?

True, unless...  No "unless" that I can think of :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

- Genki desu, ture en zinc.