POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad photography : Re: Bad photography Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad photography
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jun 2008 05:35:23
Message: <m31f54tkbgs0k6kjacrmj5attf6r25f45j@4ax.com>
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:24:28 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Right. So sharp images require bright illumination and/or a long shutter
>time?

Yes and no :)
Long shutter times can induce blur from hand shake or other movements.
It is a balance getting the correct exposure.

>Did I mention that my camera really struggles to produce a visible image
>except in the most blindingly brilliant sunshine? Seriously, you can use
>it as a webcam, but unless you're standing with a laptop next to
>Stonehenge at noon on the Summer Solstice, the image just comes out dark
>brown. My camera just seems to have a superlatively insensitive light
>detector...
Hmm! A digital camera then. Have you checked the mode you are using it
in and/or the settings? From what you say it sounds duff or the ASA
(film sensitivity in non-digital cameras) setting is wrong but the
photos look OK.
In the first one were you just pleased to see me? :)
--

Regards
     Stephen