POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop : Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop Server Time
1 Jun 2024 01:54:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop
From: Kyle
Date: 11 Jul 2005 21:05:22
Message: <m256d15rf9vj43g8tmcaapbm3sj0kd1j6g@4ax.com>
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:28:08 +0200, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>The source is available - just not yet packaged for Windows.  You can
>download the Unix source package and merge it with the 1.1 Windows
>source if you want to work on it.
>
>Christoph

Ok, I was able to get a debug version compiled in VS 2003 using your
suggestions and a modified version of the solution file from POV-Ray
3.6.  Now, of course, I'm having difficulty getting any render to
fail!

I tried the suggestion from Gilles Tran further down in the thread,
using hdr_environment.pov with custom settings, but it did not crash
for me, even in the release version.  Maybe the environment was
already trashed, from prior crashes, as you suggested.  Anyway, if I
make any headway, I'll post back.

FYI, the scenes I have had issues with are rather simple scenes that
use HDRI lighting and are output to a bitmap, in case this helps.

Kyle