POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : interlaced - which fields first? : Re: interlaced - which fields first? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:55:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interlaced - which fields first?
From: Scott
Date: 20 Nov 2002 06:47:42
Message: <lqsmtukf4pm02ih70v3ahsf1eid4er0228@4ax.com>
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:44:16 -0500, "Dennis Miller"
<dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:

>I am making DVDs and VHS tapes of my POV animations for playback on an NTSC
>TV system. I load the TGA files into Premiere, and when I Export as a Movie,
>I have the option of choosing lower or upper fields first. Which should I
>choose and why?
>Thanks much.,
>Dennis

For TV system use upper field.

The only exception to this that I know is if you're targetting a DV
device such as a DV camcorder - in this case you need to specify lower
field.

As a side note, if you didn't use field output when rendering the
animations the field order won't make any difference!

Cheers,

Scott