POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : I have some external OOP interface for povray. : Re: I have some external OOP interface for povray. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:34:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have some external OOP interface for povray.
From: ABX
Date: 28 Apr 2004 13:40:21
Message: <lqqv809aof77rh3s1bnn90c4b23eaufrte@4ax.com>
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:31:49 -0400, Christopher James Huff
<cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> In article <s9fv80lihsserosev6uibg0jg6ps2gj89a@4ax.com>,
> ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
>
> > > That's true. For instance being able to call trace() or inside() is
> > > pretty handy sometimes. I don't see any easy way of doing the same
> > > with a C++ frontend (at least not without a lot of work).
> >
> > Something like below (not perfect at all) workaround comes to my mind:
>
> Sorry, but...ew. Set up a scene, write the file to disk, and run a
> POV-Ray render just to find out whether a single point is inside an
> object?

Sure, wasting of CPU power, but only from POV-Ray/3D guru who has good
knowledge about math behind POV. I wrote that piece of code for those who
found original Xoid software usefull in current task and could looking for
this particular missed feature. I intentionally marked it "workaround". I
agree that in long run it deserves better solution.

ABX