POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Great video about open-mindedness : Re: Great video about open-mindedness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great video about open-mindedness
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Sep 2009 11:57:00
Message: <llvca5tbhoja8e03rus09iu68e9ivdkltv@4ax.com>
On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:28:18 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> It is the first time I've heard a Quaker being the subject.
>
>Funny. I never heard it as a chinese person. But then, I grew up in
>Philadelphia.

I don't see the relevance of being brought up in Philadelphia. (City of
brotherly love?)

My understanding is that it is an uncommon philosophy and what is more uncommon
than Asian philosophy. Also it is traditional to set parables in far off places.
Quaker's are renowned for their good works and pacifism so a Quaker wrestler
sounds incongruous. But a martial arts master denouncing violence sounds right.
--

Regards
     Stephen