POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : save hf pattern ? : Re: save hf pattern ? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: save hf pattern ?
From: ABX
Date: 30 Sep 2002 03:24:44
Message: <lbufpugbe3cien2isqkvbvi7gkudscq99c@4ax.com>
On 27 Sep 2002 15:54:27 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> height_field { // ...
>  pattern 2000,2000 { // ...
>    save_data ""  load_data "" // #1
>  }
>  save_data ""  load_data "" // #2
> }

It could be rather more interesting output as df3. Then you could use df3
cross section as your pattern and whole df3 as faster isosurface. But I agree
with other it is more effective to use two pass rendering. It is becouse it
could save memory, virtual machine resources and time for parsing.

> simmilar to photons/radiosity ?

It is becouse photons/radiosity have no chance to be outputed as raytraced
image.

> This is another thing that might strongly
> seed up rendering, and probably is easy to implement.

Writing it as another raytracing is the same speed. Note you have all
necessary macros already written in screen.inc include file.

ABX