POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Add object to camera : Re: Add object to camera Server Time
27 Apr 2024 02:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Add object to camera
From: Mike Williams
Date: 6 Jul 2008 00:10:08
Message: <lXuinDBMWEcIFw+T@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it philguy who wrote:
>I have a camera flying along a spline, and now I would like to add a pair of
>"headlights" that move along with it.
>
>Is there an easy way to do it or would I be forced to solve that with an
>additional spline?
>Is there a way to set the orientation of the headlights so that they
>will always
>be below the camera, parallel to the bottom "image border"?
>

>Also, is it possible to set the (tilt) angle of the camera in relation to the
>spline? I am thinking of a loop-shaped spline. Currently, the camera will

>with the up vector, but I'd like to have that automated (if the loops are
>generated automatically).
>

>Yes, this is not all about animation, but animation was still the subcategory I
>thought would fit best, so I nevertheless hope that some of you can help me
>here.

The demo scene that's included in the distribution does all that
/scenes/animations/splinefollow/splinefollow.pov

The first Aircraft is attached to the camera.

The camera itself is offset from the first Aircraft by
        translate <0,0.4,0.4>
otherwise it would be inside the body of the Aircraft and wouldn't see
anything interesting.

splinefollow.pov doesn't move the light source, but the same technique
that's used for moving the camera works. Try removing the existing light
sources from a copy of splinefollow.pov and adding this one at the end.

light_source {< 0,0.4,0.4>,
      color 1.0
      spotlight point_at <0,0.4,1> radius 10
      Spline_Trans (MySpline, clock*11, y, 0.5, 0.5)
}

Using the non-first-person view shows the lighting effect better.
Using the first-person view shows the camera tilt.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure