POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray and physical simulation : Re: POV-Ray and physical simulation Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray and physical simulation
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Sep 2003 15:52:02
Message: <l90441-834.ln1@triton.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

> Still, even a faster compiler could count as
> being Plug-In Support. I was just thinking
> in terms of Cinema4D, Maya and such, where
> "outside" scripts can be used quiet efficiently to
> enhance the GUI (although POV doesn't really
> have its own one, but a Free Script Editor,
> right? I mean, its not programmed by the
> POV-Team, is it?)

You do realized that Cinema4D and Maya as well as the WinPOV GUI are not
platform independant (both Cinema4D and Maya are available for multiple
platforms but only through a lot of platform specific work you can bet).

Any 'plugin' feature in POV 4 will probably have much more similarity to
  POV-Ray 3.5 user defined functions and POVMan shaders than to a plugin
system you might know from another program.

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______