POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Sanity test of full installer : Re: Sanity test of full installer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sanity test of full installer
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jul 2008 06:56:49
Message: <l3t37493ls5j1e4e9vldrm2krj0632enag@4ax.com>
On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 20:13:09 +1000, Chris Cason
<del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> Duh! Thanks Chris I forgot about "pvengine.ini". The GUI works now, other than
>> it does not return the rendered image. But that has been the case in all the
>> betas, I have tried, so I assume that you will get round to it when you can.
>
>I really don't think I'll have time to look into GUIEXT's in the short to
>medium term - the fix is likely to be simple but needs testing (I don't
>have any GUIEXT's installed)

That does not surprise me :)

>Also, the author of at least one GUIEXT has had access to our revision
>control system for more than a year but hasn't had time to fix it either:
>given that, I have taken the approach that the issues with them can't be
>that serious.

The issues are not important and I'm more than willing to put up with having to
Alt-Tab to PovRay to see the rendered image. The speed up using Pov 3.7 is worth
the slight inconvenience.
As an aside the only other inconvenience is, I cannot see the sample images in
the material editor but then I can render them in 3.6.
I do not expect Hugo to waste time on getting the GUIEXT's working for a Beta
Pov when he is trying to prepare his program for its final release.
So no worries, no pressure :)
Keep up the good work.
--

Regards