POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : .TER heightfield format patch available : Re: .TER heightfield format patch available Server Time
29 Jun 2024 05:08:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .TER heightfield format patch available
From: ABX
Date: 13 Jun 2003 02:18:02
Message: <l2riev4pk036m1v3fhbeog0fj514m56mvc@4ax.com>
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:04:19 -0700, "Ray Gardener" <ray### [at] daylongraphicscom>
wrote:
> Source code for interested parties will be
> available as well soon.

Ray, I have not Terragen experience so I can't review it but I have side note
about your releases. First of all I think you really should change splash
screen. It looks like it is an official version (no indication that the one in
the middle of image is not related with the one at bottom of image). I think
there is a lot possibilities indicating Preview+Terragen+POV so there shouldn't
be problem with creating something different.

Other thing is that releasing only binaries breaks license:

    Custom versions may  only be distributed  as freeware and  under terms
    no  less  restrictive  than  this  license.  You must make all of your
    modifications  to  POV-RayÖ  freely  and  publicly available with FULL
    SOURCE  CODE  to  the  modified  portions  of POV-RayÖ and must freely
    distribute full  source to  any new  parts of  the custom version.

I also broke it once for very initial version of PoPOV thought I consulted it
with TAG Member earlier and released sources as soon as possible after binaries.
I doubt POV-Team will be cruel for this violation but you have to know all
rules.

ABX