POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Valid solution or evil hack? : Re: Valid solution or evil hack? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Valid solution or evil hack?
From: Stephen
Date: 15 May 2008 10:09:23
Message: <krgo241ort488b4kn86ios91l33brvm1mv@4ax.com>
On Thu, 15 May 2008 15:18:18 +0200, "scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:

>Or the fact that there is a much lower chance it will break or mal-function.
>A simple example I can think of is that the connector where the thermal
>probe plugs in mal-functions somehow so that the electronics thinks that the
>temperature is -90 when really it is only -70.  Or some solder joint on the
>circuit board wasn't made completely correctly and messes up some other
>reading in an undetectable way once the temperature and humidity get to a
>certain value.  There are all sorts of failure mechanisms that needs to be
>checked and fixed somehow, and that costs lots of money.

You need to ensure that the cold joint (or in this case the hot joint)
is compensated properly for changes in the ambient temperature.
For medical/critical equipment you need certification to ensure
compliance with the laws of the country. And not just UK laws it
should comply with the laws of the registered country. In your case I
imagine that is the USA.
--

Regards
     Stephen