POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Media Speedup Question : Re: Media Speedup Question Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:50:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Speedup Question
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Nov 2001 07:57:40
Message: <knhsvtghbaprh4kjf2osl5jgna3v93uj1p@4ax.com>
On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:41:58 +0100, Lutz-Peter Hooge <lpv### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>Why is this not possible with POV? Ok, I know that it wouldn't work with
>things like noise3d, granite etc, but for an athmospheric media with only
>a spherical or gradient density....?

Even with a constant density, object cast shadows in it, and if these
objects are complex... well, you get the picture.

With meshes only, it's much easier. It all comes down to projections.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg